As parents, we all want our children to be healthy, right? Right! Cooking empowers children with independence and responsibility for what they eat. Nourishing food not only makes a child healthier, it improves school performance, and is a critical component in growth and development. So how do we get our children to think so too? That’s where we come in!
At C.T.C.A our number one goal and philosophy is to teach children where food comes from; to give them an early introduction to kitchen safety, basic cooking skills and healthy cooking techniques while fostering key areas of development such as socialization, task-completion and the basics of nutrition through imaginative culinary adventures. Students at C.T.C.A love the idea of becoming a top “junior chef” by creating and practicing positive food smarts from what they’ve learned.
As a uniquely designed cooking “adventure” for children ages 2-16 that focuses on “farm-to-table” cooking, C.T.C.A’s vision is for each child to experience the pleasure of socializing around healthy cooking while learning to grow into a top “junior chef”. Chef Toni’s Cooking Adventures teaches the fundamentals of: Farm-to-Table Cooking, Healthy Food Choices, Smart Shopping Skills, Culinary Techniques, and Basic Manners & Etiquette.
- Established: 2009
- CTCA is the only cooking school on the Upper West Side, Manhattan
- CTCA focuses on farm-to-table and international cooking all through fun culinary play adventures
- CTCA offers a full enrichment program and is a nut free cooking school
- CTCA has been featured in Time OUT NY Kids, The Examiner, Macaroni Kid, Mommy Poppins, Appetite for Good
- Chef Toni’s Trademark slogan: Cook, Eat & Play With Love
- Farm-to-table After School Chefs Program includes a cooking lesson, study period, structures recreational activities. Ages 5-13
- Power Hour Cooking Class: portion of our after-school. An hour and a half long culinary adventure and eat afterwards.
- Around the Globe Cooking Adventures (Winter, Spring, Summer, Holidays) includes a farm-to-table cooking lesson, etiquette, music, arts & crafts, indoor and outdoor play Ages 5-13
- Culinary birthdays and special events
- School tours